Your Rights of Appeal Information
Registrants and or registered organizations who wish to seek leave to appeal a decision will have fourteen (14) days from the date on which they received notice of the decision together with their Rights to Appeal, to submit the following:
- Completed Appeal Application Form
- Intentions of Appeal
- Grounds for appeal
- All evidence that supports these grounds, including all documents
- The remedy or remedies requested
- A copy of the written decision being appealed, or the Appellant’s understanding of the decision
- A signature of the Appellant or authorized representative of the Appellant
- Evidence of payment of any outstanding fees, fines or bonds
- Include the Appeal Fee
All decisions made by an ERSL Discipline Hearing Panel relating to misconduct in a Regional level game can be appealed to Ontario Soccer.
Appeals of a league decision must be submitted to Ontario Soccer in accordance with the OSA Rights of Appeal Information. The OSA Application to Appeal form can be found here.
7601 Martin Grove Road
Vaughan, Ontario L4L 9E4
Appeal Fee: $750.00 (Certified Cheque made payable to Ontario Soccer)
The criteria for the grounds for appeal
The letter of appeal must specify your rationale for appealing the decision of the (Club/League). Your rationale must include:
- Making a decision for which the Respondent did not have the authority or jurisdiction as set out in the applicable governing documents;
- New facts were not available when the decision was made;
- Failing to properly interpret the relevant Published Rules;
- Failing to follow procedures as laid out in the relevant Publishes Rules;
- Making a decision that was influenced by bias
- Alleged excessive fine, fee, bond, or suspension. Failure to provide adequate rationale will result in your appeal being disallowed.